Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Letter From Boot

On February 8th, 2002, I receive this letter from Billy:

Tim,

Sorry it’s been so long. I haven’t been able to call anyone and I thought I should wait to write you until I had something interesting to write about.

My boot camp experience has been more about me training them than them training me. What’s an obstacle course for someone who can fly? You should have seen their faces when I jumped over the climbing wall. It was like that was when it hit them: “Oh, we’re dealing with something totally different here.” :P

Ever since then, they’ve been trying to figure out what to do with me. I’ve spent a lot of time at the shooting range and learning strategy.

There’s one guy here, Major Curtis, who really seems to like me. As they shuttle me from base to base (trying to figure out what to do with me), he’s followed me. He’s got a lot of ideas for what I can bring to a combat situation. It’s so cool and I’m so excited.

Seems the war is going well. I might not even get to leave the States, if things keep going this well. I hope I can. I hope I can help.

I’m at Fort Dix right now and I’ll try to be better about keeping in touch. I’m not sure how easy it’ll be if I ship out, but I’ll do what I can.

Fightin’ the Good Fight,

Billy


How could would it be if I became some kind of trained special forces trooper? Flying in at night, taking out my targets all stealth-like. Ooh, I just gave myself chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment